Re: data corruption with dmcrypt/LUKS

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 20:28:31 EST

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 10:17 +0100, Milan Broz wrote:
> Yes, so if you hit this with 2.6.24 too is very important to sent OOps
> log to identify problem (or link to screen snapshot, digital camera
> snapshot or so).
I did about 5 complete tests today and dozens of mkfs.ext3's but I
wasn't able to reproduce any of the two errors... very very strange.
(used the same sequence of commands, with and without using the
USB-stick)...
I'll do some other tests tomorrow because these problems were real and I
cannot believe, that they're simply gone...

And IMHO hardware problems are still very unlikely, or am I wrong?

Anyway,.. is there anybody who made deeper tests of dmcrypt? I mean real
massive tests perhaps with different filesystems and so on?
What are your experiences at Redhat?

Best wishes,
Chris