Re: Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel

From: David Dillow
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 12:00:33 EST

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 14:53 +0100, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Another issue I have to look further into is that dd and xdd report
> different results for very large block sizes (> 1 MB).

Be aware that xdd reports 1 MB as 1000000, not 1048576. Though, it looks
like dd is the same, so that's probably not helpful. Also, make sure
you're passing {i,o}flag=direct to dd if you're using -dio in xdd to be
sure you are comparing apples to apples.
--
Dave Dillow
National Center for Computational Science