Re: [patch 1/3] mmu_notifier: Core code

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 20:33:56 EST

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 07:58:40PM -0800, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Ok. Andrea wanted the same because then he can void the begin callouts.

Exactly. I hope the page-pin will avoid me having to serialize the KVM
page fault against the start/end critical section.

BTW, I wonder if the start/end critical section API is intended to
forbid scheduling inside it. In short I wonder if GRU can is allowed
to take a spinlock in _range_start as last thing before returning, and
to release that same spinlock in _range_end as first thing, and not to
be forced to use a mutex.