Re: Some fixes for "Section mismatch" errors.

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 15:42:54 EST

On Sun, Feb 03, 2008 at 12:00:29AM +0800, Peter Teoh wrote:
> Today, I pulled from linus tree, and compile with MANY section
> mismatches errors, eg, some of which are like the following:
>
> WARNING: sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o(.text+0x1c9f): Section mismatch
> in reference from the function hdsp_check_for_firmware() to the
> function .devinit.text:hdsp_request_fw_loader()
> WARNING: sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o(.text+0x35bf): Section mismatch
> in reference from the function snd_hdsp_proc_read() to the function
> .devinit.text:hdsp_request_fw_loader()

Your fix for this particular warning looks OK.
But always do:
-> One fix per patch
-> Include the warning in the patch descript that you fix
-> Explain why you fixed it the way you did it

Without this info it is too time consuming to try to review your patch
and I did nt look at the other changes you included.

Sam