Re: [clocksource] jiffies as clocksource kills box

From: devzero
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 08:01:42 EST

>I have a patch pending for the PIT issue. Will add jiffies to this as
>well.

yes, please.
while trying to analyze a timer issue and learning about that timer stuff, i "killed" my box twice because i didn`t know that "echo jiffies|pit > current_clocksource" is a no-no with dynticks.
this happened with vendor kernel and thought i hit a bug, so i tried vanilla but.....same issue.

not a big one, but that patch would be a time-saver for those who don`t know...

roland