Re: SiI 3512 Serial ATA Controller - kernel 2.6.23

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Fri Feb 01 2008 - 22:05:17 EST

Dan Nica wrote:
> those errors apears only when I use the harddrives with
> the sii controller and only when I make operation between
> the onboard sata and the sii sata controller, operations between
> ide and drives that are on sii works perfectly...

Hmm.. Your drive is raising ABRT on writes. It can point to a number of
things including media access error and transmission error. It's
basically a catch-all bit. In the log, libata EH slowed down the device
to udma33 without any effect so I don't think it's transmission error
caused by cable misdetection or miswiring (mid connector connected to
the only drive on the cable). What does 'smartctl -a' say about the drive?

--
tejun