Re: Pull request: TASK_KILLABLE

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 19:50:32 EST

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> To allow tasks to be interrupted by fatal signals, we introduce a new
> TASK_* bit; TASK_WAKEKILL. We also add a predicate fatal_signal_pending;
> the counterpart of signal_pending(). Then we add killable versions
> of lock_page(), mutex_lock(), schedule_timeout(), wait_event(), and
> wait_for_completion(). Finally, we can make the NFS 'intr' mount option
> a no-op.

Ok, I've pulled this. It conflicted with some NFS changes, but I did what
appeared to be the obvious conflict resolution, and it all at least
compiles and it looked sane to me. But I don't have NFS enabled normally,
and I certainly don't have a good way to test with my laptop while in
Melbourne, so Trond/Matthew, can you please double- and triple-check my
merge?

Linus