Re: [Scst-devel] Integration of SCST in the mainstream Linux kernel

From: Joe Landman
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 12:13:36 EST

Bart Van Assche wrote:

I have ran some tests with Bonnie++, but found out that on a fast
network like IB the filesystem used for the test has a really big
impact on the test results.

This is true of the file systems when physically directly connected to the unit as well. Some file systems are designed with high performance in mind, some are not.

If anyone has a suggestion for a better test than dd to compare the
performance of SCSI storage protocols, please let it know.

Hmmm... if you care about the protocol side, I can't help. Our users are more concerned with the file system side, so this is where we focus our tuning attention.

Bart Van Assche.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D