Re: Strange error?

From: Chris Snook
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 02:06:26 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

This line showed up in my log a couple of hours ago, several minutes removed from anything else I was doing at the time:

rarian-sk-get-c[31855]: segfault at 00000000 eip 00b7c153 esp bf9ddf0c error 4

The system acts and feels normal.

Does anyone have a clue to loan me?

I would ask the rarian developers:

http://rarian.freedesktop.org/

My barely-educated guess is that Gnome was doing a routine re-index of its help files and and the app got bored and decided to dereference a NULL pointer for fun. Your desktop documentation index may be incomplete or corrupt. Try not to panic.

-- Chris