Re: ndiswrapper and GPL-only symbols redux

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed Jan 30 2008 - 15:27:45 EST

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:43:27 EST, Lennart Sorensen said:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:45:38PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > http://www.jbb.de/judgment_dc_munich_gpl.pdf
> > http://www.jbb.de/judgment_dc_frankfurt_gpl.pdf
>
> Good point. They seem to be the place that actually has enforced the
> GPL.

An alternate reading is that it's the only place that has a legal system
so whacked that a case actually went to trial rather than the offending
party just going "Oh foo.. yeah, that *is* what it says, we better comply
in one way or another"...

It all depends what sort of legal system you have/want - I saw a statistic
for our local police department that said that 98% of all their cases last
year ended in plea agreements before going to trial (although to be fair,
that includes traffic violations where the driver just paid the fine before
the trial date came up and similar minor cases). If things actually go to
trial all the time, things get even more bogged down than they already are...