Re: ndiswrapper and GPL-only symbols redux

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 17:28:28 EST

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:22:45 EST, Pavel Roskin said:
> Hello!
>
> It have come to my attention that a patch has been committed to the
> kernel with the explicit purpose of tainting ndiswrapper - the kernel
> module allowing Windows NDIS drivers for Ethernet and Wireless cards to
> be used by the kernel.

At some point, a compromise position of "Have ndiswrapper do the tainting
if it loads something with contentious licensing" was suggested - whatever
happened to that?

(If for no other reason than if you load ndiswrapper for testing, and then
do *not* actually load something, your kernel should remain untainted...)