2.6.24-rc6-mm1 - iget-stop-isofs-from-using-read_inode-fix-2.patch

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 11:54:48 EST

Sorry for the late notice - I hit the original issue with this code,
and I tested the *first* patch, which addressed my immediate problem, but
didn't test the subsequent flurry of "better" patches due to time issues
here.

I back up my laptop by doing one or more 'dump' commands into a $STAGE directory,
and then doing a 'growisofs' onto a DVD. And of course, I eventually needed
to restore something that got damaged by some misbehaving userspace, so I break
out the disk, which had 8 dump images for smaller filesystems on it. Imagine
my surprise when the disk was unreadable - so I went bisecting and eventually
found it first in the -rc6-mm1 tree.

Under 2.6.4-rc6-mm1 quilted up to iget-stop-isofs-from-using-read_inode.patch,
it's able to see all 8 dump images. When I quilt push the very next one
(iget-stop-isofs-from-using-read_inode-fix-2.patch), all hell breaks loose:

[root@turing-police ~]# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
[root@turing-police ~]# ls -la /mnt/cdrom
total 0
[root@turing-police ~]# umount /mnt/cdrom

It claims to mount correctly - but ls can't find anything.

*not even . and .. - how weird is that?*

Looking at the code, I don't see why inode-fix-2 breaks it, nor do I see
why inode-fix-2-update or inode-fix-2-update-fix don't re-fix it...