Re: at91sam9260 wakeup on serial port

From: Haavard Skinnemoen
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 08:57:26 EST

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:15:00 +0100
michael <trimarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I implement a little patch (ndr just for a try) for the atmel serial
> driver atmel_serial.c to wakeup the system when it is in suspend-ram state.
> I reconfigure the RXD pin as a gpio in suspend function and restore it
> in the resume function. It is the correct way?

I'm not sure...this is rather platform-specific, so I don't think it
really belongs in the atmel_serial() driver. One solution might be to
add a function pointer to struct atmel_uart_data that the driver can
call from ->suspend() in order to let the platform code handle this as
appropriate.

Cc'ing Andrew Victor and David Brownell since they know the AT91
platform code better than me.

Haavard