Re: Question about DMA

From: Haavard Skinnemoen
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 04:22:06 EST

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:55:58 +0100
"Francis Moreau" <francis.moro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My DMA controller has very little in common with ISA DMA one. But I'd like to
> use it in a driver. This driver can do DMA but with the help of an external DMA
> controller. It's only implement the "slave" side. So basically this driver needs
> to configure one of the DMAC channels before transfering data.

Have a look at this thread:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/23/79

I'm planning to post an updated patch set this week that addresses the
comments by Dan Williams, and that applies on top of the other DMA
Engine patches that have been posted since then.

Please let me know if you think this will work for your hardware. What
platform are you working on, btw?

Haavard