Re: [linux-pm] Q: x86 suspend/hibernation code consolidation

From: Len Brown
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 21:49:00 EST

On Friday 25 January 2008 19:32, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to move the 64-bit suspend/hibernation files from arch/x86/kernel to
> arch/x86/power, modify the names of the 32-bit files already in
> arch/x86/power and update the Makefiles accordingly, but there are some changes
> queued for merging that touch the files in question.
>
> When is the right time for making changes like that?
>
> Rafael

In Cambridge, when we discussed cleanups that touch a lot of files
but have no functional change -- somebody suggested that right
after rc1 closes is a good time. The reasoning was that they
would not conflict with the functional changes in rc1.

However, I recall Linus saying something about "Andrew is special"
WRT permission to push cleanups after the rc1 window; so I don't
know what the final ruling was -- if there was such a ruling.

-Len