RE: [patch] PCI: disable the MSI of AMD RS690

From: Shane Huang
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 05:40:33 EST

Hi Brice:

> > +DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_FINAL(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATI, PCI_DEVICE_ID_ATI_RS690,
> > quirk_disable_all_msi);
>
> This patch disable MSI for the _whole_ system, not only behind the
> RS690. Is this on purpose? Is MSI really going to be broken on any
> bus that's _not_ behind RS690. If not, you might want to use
> quirk_disable_msi() instead (as we do for AMD8131).

quirk_disable_msi() can not fix the issue in my debug,
quirk_msi_intx_disable_bug() which can fix SB700 SATA MSI bug does not
work either.
quirk_disable_all_msi is the only workaround I found.

If there is any other guy who also has one SB600+RS690 board, and can
help
to verify this RS690 MSI disablement patch with a new kernel version
such as
2.6.24-rc7, that's great.

BTW:
RS690 MSI disablement should NOT affect SB700 MSI, because as I know,
there will not be the combination of RS690+SB700 on the market.

Thanks
Shane