Re: [patch 10/26] mount options: fix devpts

From: Miklos Szeredi
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 04:24:49 EST

> > Also add minor fix: when parsing the "mode" option, mask with
> > S_IALLUGO instead of ~S_IFMT, which could leave unsed bits in the
> > mask.
>
> umode_t is 16 bits, so it doesn't. The change is still good, of course.

We still use 16 bit types? Strange ;)

> > + if (config.mode != DEVPTS_DEFAULT_MODE)
> > + seq_printf(seq, ",mode=%03o", config.mode);
>
> I would rather this be unconditional, than that it be conditional on
> something other than the user having specified it in the first place.

Yeah, it's a matter of taste. I'll update the patch.

Actually, a lot of filesystems share the options 'uid=X', 'gid=X',
'mode=X' (or 'umask=X'). This could be handled by the VFS, saving
some code, and making things more consistent. One day maybe...

Thanks,
Miklos