Re: JMicron PATA 2.6.24-rc7 can't find drives

From: Marcin Gil
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 02:16:35 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
I have SATA drive connected to SATA0 and Maxtor IDE drive + DVD burner connected to single IDE slot.

Booting this kernel off the SATA drive works perfectly, however the IDE drive is not found/put into /dev. However the DVD is properly recognized and created as sr0.

Is this known problem? I've looked all over google and found out that people have problems with CD/DVD drives with pata_jmicron but in my case DVD is working ok but HDD is not.

Is there a solution for this or can I give you more information to help me solve this?

The output of dmesg after the boot would be a good start

Here it is:
http://pastebin.com/md726431

Thank you very much!
-Marcin Gil