Re: Massive IDE problems. Who leaves data here?

From: Manuel Reimer
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 15:32:54 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
If your IDE interface is complaining about BadCRC errors, then it's complaining about hardware problems (bad cable, etc.)

The cable already has been replaced three times. I even got sure to *not* bend the cable. This all doesn't help.

May a bad cable really cause corrupted data?

I also have such messages for my cdrom drive (the bad sector messages at the end of the log for drive hdc). I replaced the 40 pin cable with a new 80 pin one and still have the errors...

Yours

Manuel