Re: PCI Interrupt Problems Since Kernel-2.6.19

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 18:49:53 EST

Lost Garden wrote:
I'm writing a driver for DVB-C PCI receiving cards these days and
I found a tricky problem of interrupts. Since kernel-2.6.19 the
interrupt handlers get rid of "struct pt_regs*" argument and I think
it will be easy for me to modify the driver to fit for the recent
kernel.
I simply delete the "struct pt_regs *" argument of my interrupt
handler and compile the driver again. But then I met a rather tricky
problem. I cann't get the PCI intterrupt now! I found that the chip on
the card actually had generate an interrupt and it should not be the
hardware problem.
I'm get seriously confused. My driver works well under kernel-2.6.18
but not generates a single interrupt signal when works above
kernel-2.6.19.
Does anybody meet similar problems?
Sincerely
Yours, Lost Graden.
1,21. 2008

Need more details, like dmesg output. The source code of your driver would also be useful. One common problem is not calling pci_enable_device before requesting the interrupt..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx