Re: ACPI early ioremap problems II

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 18:50:30 EST

* Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a followup I see this problem on three different 64bit machines
> now. Symptom is usually that only one core is active because ACPI
> doesn't see the other processors in its tables.

to be able to have a chance to fix it we need you meet the minimum
threshold for bugreports: please send the failing .config and a full
boot message of the incident as well. (Please also check latest x86.git,
maybe it's something that got fixed today.)

I have tested latest x86.git#mm on 3 different 64bit machines and Thomas
tested it too, and none of us saw any crashes. So whatever you are
seeing, it's unfortunately not very common to trigger.

Ingo