Re: new file in kernel.

From: Rafael Sisto
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 10:12:22 EST

Dear Jan,

The idea of the indirection is to make it transparent for the user.
The idea is to do almost the same as what IPC does. The user calls
"get", then "attach". In the "get" syscall I create a tmp file and
return some id. Then the user calls an "attach" syscall with the
returned id.

The result is that he gets a shared memorymapped to his vma.

Is my idea clearer now?

As for the snippet, thank you. But I read somewhere that it is not
recommended to call system calls inside another system call, right?

So, I think somthing like this code would do, right?

asmlinkage long sys_my_shmget(int size)
{
long ret;

ret = sys_open("/tmp/shmfile", O_CREAT | O_RDWR , 777);
if (ret < 0)
return ret;
sys_close(fd);
return 0;