Re: BUG? 2.6.24-rc*[-mm*] - debugfs subdirs missing on x86_64

From: Lee Schermerhorn
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 16:13:24 EST

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 12:19 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 03:12:33PM -0500, Lee Schermerhorn wrote:
> > I searched around the archives and web and didn't find any reports on
> > this [maybe just missed them?], so I MUST be doing something
> > wrong/stupid. My config [included] may be the culprit. Apologies for
> > the long cc list. I'm copying the kprobes and blktrace maintainers
> > [addresses from MAINTAINERS] to verify that they're NOT seeing this
> > problem.
> >
> > Problem: I see no sub-directories below /sys/kernel/debug on x86_64
>
> Have you mounted debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug? Try:
> mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
> as root and see if the files are present or not.

D'oh! [or something stronger] I KNEW it was something stupid. I
thought it strange that there were no reports of something this glaring.
That's why I took so long investigating before I finally asked.

I've used debugfs+mmtrace on x86_64 in the past and I've had the debugfs
mount in my test systems' fstab for so long that I don't even think
about it [obviously!]. I moved to a different test system a couple of
months ago and apparently brought over an old fstab patch.

Sorry for the noise [he says sheepishly].

Lee