Re: [x86] please setup git for http access

From: Joachim Deguara
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 17:54:32 EST

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Joachim Deguara wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to access the x86 git tree behind a proxy and therefore
> > over the http address. This works for Linus' tree but not for the x86
> > tree. Please follow these guidelines to enable http access.
> >
> > http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#exportin
> >g-via-http
>
> Set up now.
>
> -hpa

Thanks but unfortunately it still seams not to be working. I cannot
sucessfully:
git-clone
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/x86/linux-2.6-x86.git

I can see the git repository over http but I am guessing something did not go
right with 'git --bare update-server-info' as the .git/info directory does
not have the refs like Linus' does which are needed for http (gleaming this
from man git-update-server-info). There have been updates to the git tree
since you responded so it looks like that hook did not get activated. (these
are guesses from me and I don't really know git well so don't trust a word I
say)

thanks
-Joachim