Re: [-mm Patch] uml: fix a building error

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Jan 17 2008 - 14:44:45 EST

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:38:53 -0800 "Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Well.

- there are a bunch of cross-compiler binaries in
http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/cross-compilers/

- I'll (again) encourage Ingo to add cross-compilation testing to his
auto-testing setup.

- I ran out of steam (and the selinux bug crashed my remote
cross-compilation test box) so I didn't do much cross-compilation testing
on rc8-mm1: just alpha and ia64 iirc.

I'd suggest that you just prepare a best-effort patch and when I next get
around to doing more cross-compilation any problems shold get weeded out.