Re: -mm: pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patchbreaks resuming isapnp cards

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sun Jan 13 2008 - 01:17:13 EST

On 13-01-08 06:50, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:

On Saturday 12 January 2008 1:08:01 pm Rene Herman wrote:

pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patch in current -mm
breaks resuming isapnp cards from hibernation. They need the pnp_start_dev
to enable the device again after hibernation.

They don't really need the pnp_stop_dev() which the above mentioned patch
also removes but with the pnp_start_dev() restored it seems pnp_stop_dev()
should also stay. Bjorn Helgaas should decide -- currently the patch as
you have it breaks drivers though. Could you drop it?

Yes, please drop pnp-do-not-stop-start-devices-in-suspend-resume-path.patch
for now.

Okay, thanks for the reply. And, now that I have your attention, while it's not important to the issue anymore with the tests removed as the submitted patch did, do you have an opinion on (include/linux/pnp.h):

/* pnp driver flags */
#define PNP_DRIVER_RES_DO_NOT_CHANGE 0x0001 /* do not change the state of the device */
#define PNP_DRIVER_RES_DISABLE 0x0003 /* ensure the device is disabled */

I find DISABLE including DO_NOT_CHANGE rather unexpected...

By the way, I also still have this next one outstanding for you... :-/

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/1/9/168

Rene.