Re: sata_nv + ADMA + Samsung disk problem

From: Gabor Gombas
Date: Fri Jan 11 2008 - 18:18:24 EST

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 06:10:29PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:

> Gabor, I just noticed you said that it worked OK in 2.6.20, yet 2.6.22
> fails. 2.6.20 had ADMA support as well, so I wonder what change started
> causing the problem. Would it be possible for you to do a git bisect (or
> at least try 2.6.21 to try and narrow it down)?

I've now booted 2.6.21.7, we'll see. The problem with the bisection is
that I can't explicitely trigger the bug so I can't say for sure if a
kernel is good or it is just needs more time to trigger. The average
uptime of this machine is just a couple hours a day.

For example, with 2.6.24-rc6 it took over 3 hours for the first disk to
trigger the bug and the second disk needed more than 7 hours. This
machine is seldom turned on for that long.

Gabor