Re: New linux arch

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 12:13:24 EST

Bryan Wu wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2008 7:29 PM, Michal Simek <simekm2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I checked whole code with checkpatch.pl script to avoid code violations.
>> I hope I resolve the most of coding style problems.
>
> Yes, passing checkpatch.pl is required by LKML.

checkpatch.pl only gives guidance; it is not a hard requirement. You
should have good reasons if you deviate from it though.

Also check with sparse (Documentation/sparse.txt). And there is much
more you should have a look at before you send proposed patches, see
Documentation/SubmitChecklist.
--
Stefan Richter