Re: [BUG] 2.6.24-rc2-mm1 - kernel bug on nfs v4

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 15:51:33 EST

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Torsten Kaiser wrote:

> I just tested something with vanilla 2.6.24-rc6 and had the same problem.
> Should this patch, or something similar be included for 2.6.24?

Such a patch is in Andrew's tree.

2.6.24-rc6-mm1:

tatic struct kmem_cache_node *early_kmem_cache_node_alloc(gfp_t gfpflags,
int node)
{
struct page *page;
struct kmem_cache_node *n;
unsigned long flags;

/*
* lockdep requires consistent irq usage for each lock
* so even though there cannot be a race this early in
* the boot sequence, we still disable irqs.
*/
local_irq_save(flags);
add_partial(kmalloc_caches, page, 0);
local_irq_restore(flags);