Re: [Patch 0/8] Remove 'TOPDIR' from Makefiles

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed Jan 02 2008 - 04:52:16 EST

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 03:13:11PM +0800, WANG Cong wrote:

> TOPDIR is obsolete, use srctree or objtree instead.
>
> This patch set removes all the TOPDIR use in the whole
> source tree and finally drops it in the top Makefile.
> They're against the current linus-tree.
>
> Note that Patch [8/8] should be applied _after_ all the
> previous patches are applied.

Hi Wang.

You a heads up. I will most likely apply
the remaining of the patches tonight, except the UM stuff
which I hope Jeff to take and the final removal of TOPDIR
may wait a bit.
I want the s390, xfs and um changes to hit -mm at least
and we have several external modules that uses TOPDIR.

And some of these external modules I care about - not
all of them but some of them.

Sam