Re: kbuild: modules_install regression ? - depmod

From: Jon Masters
Date: Sat Dec 29 2007 - 08:46:55 EST

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 14:30 +0100, devzero@xxxxxx wrote:

> > Though I'd say depmod should ignore the debug sections.
>
> so depmod is acting sort of "stupid" here ?

depmod has a bunch of issues that need taking care of, this is just one
of them, but yeah, for now it should just ignore these additional sects.
I'd rewrite the thing but I need some more time to do that in the new
year (and there's lots of special casing for cross-building for
32/64/little/big endian that would need a lot of testing).

I'll push a new release over the weekend.

Jon.