Re: 2.6.24: false double-clicks from USB mouse

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 13:08:18 EST

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Mark Lord wrote:

> > Single-clicking on things with 2.6.24 very frequently gives a
> > "double-click". This does not happen with 2.6.23.8. I wonder what
> > broke it? I've grabbed mousedev.c from 2.6.23 and inserted that in
> > place of the updated 2.6.24 source, but no change. So it's not that
> > file.
> Mmm.. reverting the entire drivers/hid directory to that from 2.6.23
> seems to have fixed the problem, so we now know it's in there somewhere.
> Jiri: do you have any suggestions that might be more specific than that ?

Could you please run evtest on the mouse device and send me what is
reported when these false double-clicks happen? Also providing debug
output of usbhid might or might not be helpful (*)

There were not that many changes in USB HID apart from adding per-device
quirks for specific broken devices. Could you please try reverting
c01d50d18, 933e3187, 82eb1219 to see if any of them makes this go away?

(*) this means compiling with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG and modprobing hid module
with 'debug=1'.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina