Re: MMC/SD: Write operation in invalid states by borken cards.

From: Roopesh
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 05:27:36 EST

:---------- Original Message ----------
:
:From: Pierre Ossman [drzeus-list@xxxxxxxxx]
:To : To Roopesh
:Sub : Re: MMC/SD: Write operation in invalid states by borken cards.
:Sent: Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 05:51:19AM EST

: On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 03:24:10 -0500
: Roopesh <roopesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:
: > Hi,
: >
: > If a write operation fails, shouldnt we still check for the card
: > state to be 'ready to accept next data'?
: >
: > This question is because I have noticed that some (broken) cards
: > fail the write command, and the immediately issued subsequent
: > commands also fail since the card state was never checked before
: > sending these commands.
: > (There was a discussion about these cards at the thread: "MMC:
: > CRC Errors with 2GB cards)
: >
:
: I'm confused. Didn't the previous fix solve your problems?

I am sorry I couldnt respond in time, and also for creating the
confusion. The previous fix did solve my problem. However, if
for some other reason the card goes into an invalid state and a
write command fails, shouldnt we still check for the card state
before sending the next IO command?

: Rgds
: --
: -- Pierre Ossman