Re: [TOMOYO #5 18/18] LSM expansion for TOMOYO Linux.

From: Tetsuo Handa
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 22:45:49 EST

Hello.

Thank you for your feedback.

Paul Moore wrote:
> With this patch the 'cpu_flags' variable will be used in two different
> if-blocks in this function and declared locally within each block. Please
> move the 'cpu_flags' declaration to the top of the function so it only needs
> to be declared once.
I see.

> I might be missing something here, but why do you need to do a skb_peek()
> again? You already have the skb and the sock, just do the unlink.
The skb might be already dequeued by other thread while I slept inside
security_post_recv_datagram().

> Two things. First you can probably just call kfree_skb() instead of
> skb_free_datagram().
So far, there is no difference between skb_free_datagram() and kfree_skb().

| void skb_free_datagram(struct sock *sk, struct sk_buff *skb)
| {
| kfree_skb(skb);
| }

udp_recvmsg() thinks it might not be ok to directly call kfree_skb().
But you and skb_kill_datagram() think it is ok to directly call kfree_skb(),
I will do so.

> Second, why not move the 'no_peek' code to just before 'no_packet'?
Oh, I didn't notice I can insert here. Now I can also move the rest code like

| error = security_post_recv_datagram(sk, skb, flags);
| if (error)
| goto force_dequeue;

| } while (!wait_for_packet(sk, err, &timeo));
|
| return NULL;
| force_dequeue:
| /* dequeue if MSG_PEEK is set. */
| no_packet: