Re: nozomi version 2.1c for review

From: Frank Seidel
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 18:27:23 EST

On Freitag 09 November 2007 15:25:00, you (Alan Cox) wrote:
> > + switch (port) {
> > + case PORT_MDM:
> > + dc->last_ier = (dc->last_ier & ~MDM_UL) | MDM_UL;
> > + break;
>
> The & ~xxx is unneeded if you then set it again always
>
> Could also clean up to be
>
> u8 mask[NR_PORTS] = { DIAG_UGL, APP1_UL, ... }
> dc->last_ier |= mask[port];
>
> instead of the switch - ditto disable transmit_ul etc

Thank you very much for your feedback. This is exactly what i
hoped for.

This now incorporates your suggestions (even though IMHO the mask arrays
should be of type u16 - at least I think so), I reviewed the output of
sparse from nozomi.c and removed cause for a warning, and rebased the
patch on latest version of Gregs git repository (now for 2.6.24-rc2).

I really appreciated any feedback or hint were to dig further or what
should be done and fixed.

Thanks,
Frank
---