Rule parsing from a virtual FS write() syscall

From: Ahmed S. Darwish
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 07:01:06 EST

Hi all,

In SMACK, some rules are written to a virtual fs file named
"cipso".

Rule format is

label level[/cat[,cat]]

Under high I/O load we don't recieve the whole rule in one shot.
This means that sometimes the write() operation begins from the
middle of the rule. Under some conditions, the first rule _letter_
was only recieved while others were recieved in remaining write()
calls.

Current SMACK versions don't assume fragmented input like above
cases. This means that sometimes bogus rules that does not
represent users' intent got created.

What is the best way to parse a rule in such hard coditions?

Regards,

--
Ahmed S. Darwish
HomePage: http://darwish.07.googlepages.com