Re: LSM conversion to static interface

From: James Morris
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 22:03:01 EST

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

> >I'd like to note that I asked people who were actually affected, and had
> >examples of their real-world use to step forward and explain their use,
> >and that I explicitly mentioned that this is something we can easily
> >re-visit.
> >

> I do have a pseudo LSM called "multiadm" at
> http://freshmeat.net/p/multiadm/ , quoting:

Based on Linus' criteria, this appears to be a case for reverting the
static LSM patch.

Jan, I remember you posting this last year and IIRC, there were really
only coding style issues to be addressed. There were some review queries
and suggestions (e.g. decomposing CAP_SYS_ADMIN), but no deal-breakers --
certainly not now that security architecture and security model objections
are out of bounds.

So, I would suggest reposting the code for upstream inclusion, which
would be better at least in terms of upstream maintenance, as your code
will be visible in the tree.

- James
--
James Morris