Re: VIA VT6307 OHCI version?

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 09:03:37 EST

Stefan Richter <stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What if we add a whitelisting in the driver which ignores the register
> contents which state OHCI 1.0 implementation level, and just treats
> these VIA chips as OHCI 1.1 implementations?

It would be interesting but I'm not sure it would work. I guess
if these chips are in OHCI 1.0 mode the 1.1 functionality may be
unavailable (the datasheet seems to suggest that).

OTOH I think it's better to change the EEPROM contents anyway,
it's a simple program (which I'm going to write when I'm a bit
less loaded).

I wonder if OHCI 1.0 hardware based on VT6307 (and 6306) is
a common thing, or is it just an exception.
--
Krzysztof Halasa