Virtual Netdevice

From: rajashok
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 06:37:58 EST

Hi,

we are trying to to integrate our ipsec onto linux 2.6 kernel to do
so we have created a virtual device [struct net_device] with
dev->type = ARPHRD_VOID and configuring the same MAC address and IP
addresses as present on "eth0" interface and when try to send out the data,
the packets are seen on the network.But we need all the packets
to be processed in the virtual devices "hard_start_xmit" function and this
is never getting called.

Please let me know how to make the kernel call "hard_start_xmit" function of
my virtual device, so i can process the packets in my "hard_start_xmit" and
resend
them on to "Eth0" interface
Do I have to set different IP for virtual device or have to do any other
configurations.

Thanks in advance.

--Ashok