Re: Linux Network Load Balancing is out!

From: Primiano Tucci
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 14:15:45 EST

On 9/18/07, Mr. James W. Laferriere <babydr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Primiano ,
>
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Primiano Tucci wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I've just released my first beta of Linux Network Load Balancing....
> > it's a driver (+ userland tool) to make decentered load balancing
> > clusters.
> >
> > I hope someone is interested in the project and could do some testing
> > in decent environments (I've just done some "laboratory" test in a 3
> > virtualized node cluster environment, but nothing more than this).
> >
> > Sources and some documentation on http://lnlb.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Primiano Tucci
> Question 1 , Is this driver module only ? Say I like all my drivers
> contained in the linux boot image .

Actually it's only available as a module... i think that with some
little modifications it could be transformed into a patch to build
into the kernel. I've not too much time in these days (i'm graduating
on 10th October, LNLB will be my graduation thesis ;-) )... i'll try
to search about and see if it's a short work to do. If not I'll delay
the patch after my graduation,

> Question 2 , Where can I find a mailing list to subscribe to in order
> to discuss , problems , success stories , ... ?

Good point,
I edited the site and added a link to the project's forum page on
sourceforge (I think it's the best and quickest way to do it)

> From the docs it appears to be almost a brease to setup . I'd greatly
> like to see the driver be built into the kernel .
>
> Tia , JimL

Really thanks for your interest
Primiano Tucci