Re: [RFC 0/3] Recursive reclaim (on __PF_MEMALLOC)

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 05:31:20 EST

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:27:25 -0400 "Mike Snitzer" <snitzer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I'm going to try adding all the things I've learned into the mix all
> at once; including both of peterz's patchsets. Peter, do you have a
> git repo or website/ftp site for you r latest per-bdi and network
> deadlock patchsets? Pulling them out of LKML archives isn't "fun".

BDI should be back in -mm, for the other its in shambles atm, I'll tell
you where to find it when I've put it back together.

I should get myself some time to read on how to push relative git
trees, as I did get myself a kernel.org account.

> Also, I've noticed that the more recent network deadlock avoidance
> patchsets haven't included NBD changes; any reason why these have been
> dropped? Should I just look to shoe-horn in previous NBD-oriented
> patches from an earlier version of that patchset?

NBD has some serious block layer issues, I once talked with Jens about
it and he explained what needed to be done to get NBD back in
shape again, but I could not be bothered to spend time on it.
[ and have since forgotten most of the details :-/ ]

For me NBD is dead and broken beyond repair, it needs a wholesale
rewrite.