Re: 2.6.23 alpha unistd.h changes

From: Sergey Tikhonov
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 05:25:27 EST

Oliver Falk wrote:
On 09/17/2007 11:22 PM, Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:33:07PM +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
At Alphacore we used to patch the kernel headers for a while now; We
added syscalls __NR_openat (447) until __NR_tee (466).
Why did your numbers differ from the numbers that were used in the upstream kernel?

Afaik, our patch was done a while ago and nobody every submitted it
upstream - don't know why...
Yes, it was done by me and I had no info how to push the updates to upstream, sorry. (by that time,
there were no latest "distribution" available with those changes).
At AC, we follow RH/Fedora packages and there we had glibc-kernheaders -
where our patch originates. When the glibc/kernel packages changed and
glibc-kernheaders died, I patched the syscalls into kernel headers; Not
thinking that I better submit it upstream. :-(
Yea, now there is more interest and it is better to do it right. :)

Regards,

--
Sergey Tikhonov

Head, R&D department