Re: Linux 2.6.23-rc2

From: david
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 00:16:57 EST

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

So I tried to hold people to the merge window, and said no to a few pull
requests, but this whole "-rc2 is the new -rc1" thing is a disease, and
not only is -rc2 late, it's bigger than it should be. Oh, well.

I don't think this is new, -rc1 has always been a mid-merge sync point as much as (or more then) a release candidate. I can't think of any -rc2s that haven't included fairly significant merges since -rc1. now some of the -rc1s have been more useable then others, and this series does look like it's going to be rougher and longer then most (due in large part to the scheduler changes), but it's more a difference in degree then in type.

David Lang