Re: CFS review

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 14:02:02 EST

Hi,

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Andi's theory cannot be true either, Roman's debug info also shows this
> /proc/<PID>/sched data:
>
> clock-delta : 95
>
> that means that sched_clock() is in high-res mode, the TSC is alive and
> kicking and a sched_clock() call took 95 nanoseconds.
>
> Roman, could you please help us with this mystery?

Actually, Andi is right. What I sent you was generated directly after
boot, as I had to reboot for the right kernel, so a little later appeared
this:

Aug 1 14:54:30 spit kernel: eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0x45E1
Aug 1 15:09:56 spit kernel: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 656747233 ns)
Aug 1 15:09:56 spit kernel: Time: pit clocksource has been installed.

bye, Roman