Re: 2.6.23-rc1: no setup signature found...

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 10:36:54 EST

Borislav Petkov wrote:

Breakpoint 4, 0x00040200 in ?? ()
1: x/i ($cs << 4) + $eip 0x40300: lea (%si),%dx
(gdb) c
Continuing.

if i do delete here, it loads the second stage of grub and continues to load the
kernel. Is there another way to land at the jmp instruction instead of poking
blindly, maybe disassemble something parts of the initial code. \me reading
grub-docs...

If you do "delete" without a breakpoint number, you're deleting all breakpoints. I just experimented with grub, and it looks like it should break at 0x90200, so just set that breakpoint and none of the others.

-hpa