recognizing memory sticks in tifm

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 08:18:47 EST

Hi Alex, hi all,

I have an Acer TM3012 with
0a:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

but only when I plug in an SD card I get a device created, while
plugging in a Memory Stick I do not get any reaction of the kernel.

This is with kernel 2.6.22-rc6.

Is this feature missing or could it be a configuration error (.config if
you need it).

Inserting a sd card gives:
tifm_core: MMC/SD card detected in socket 0:1
mmcblk0: mmc0:bffc SD02G 1985024KiB
mmcblk0: p1

>From the "MMC/SD card detected" I assumed that MS should work, too.

Thanks for any clarification.