Re: slow open() calls and o_nonblock

From: Aaron Wiebe
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 09:59:32 EST

On 6/3/07, Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried the "nocto" mount option for your NFS filesystems.

The cache-coherency rules of NFS require the client to check with the
server at each open. If you are the sole client on this filesystem,
then you don't need the same cache-coherency, and "nocto" will tell
the NFS client not to both checking with the server in information is
available in cache.

No I haven't - I will research this a little further today. While
we're not the only client using these filesystems, this process is
(currently) the only process that writes to these files. Thanks for
the suggestion.

-Aaron