Re: 2.6.22-rc1-mm1 - s390 vs. md

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 04:54:44 EST

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 10:46 +0200, Cornelia Huck wrote:
> Taking a quick look at the async_*.c stuff, the functions in question
> basically seem to be of the form
>
> check_if_we_can_do_it_async();
> if (async_ok) {
> /* do async stuff */
> /* that's where the dma mapping creeps in */
> } else {
> /* do it sync */
> /* seems fine for us */
> }

Hmm, on what does the async_ok depend? Is that a runtime check that is
done once or is it something more complicated like the availability of a
dma slot? If it is a simple runtime check then there should be a
operations structure that has indirect function pointers for the
different async_memset_{sync,async}() functions. Instead of doing the
async_ok check just call the function. That would save an if as well.

--
blue skies,
Martin.