Re: Sched - graphic smoothness under load - cfs-v13 sd-0.48

From: Michael Gerdau
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 03:00:19 EST

> > I don't want to say the values aren't useful. I simply think there is
> > a high noiselevel.
>
> The noise is reflected in the standard deviation he has on those rows.
> The average +- stdev of one overlaps the average +- stdev of the
> other,

For the fairness test on cfs13 this simply is wrong. And for the
test to be stable would require that avg of one is within avg+-stddev
of the other (simple overlap does not suffice).

Best,
Michael
--
Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg