Re: question on msdos support

From: Clemens Koller
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 06:23:43 EST

Hi, Mike!

Mike.Johnson@xxxxxxx schrieb:
Whoever responds to this mail, please email me directly....thank-you!

It seems that the dos file system does not work correctly with kernel
version 2.6.12. When using a dos formatted usb memory stick and placing
files onto the memory stick, the files are corrupt.

Please define "dos file system". FAT32?
Works over here on 2.6.20.3

And did you should check your memory stick on a machine with some
newer kernel version or with a different format?

There are some more or less cheap memory sticks around which
are just crap!

Any thoughts on patches that may have fixed this...or where I can go to
search for patch information would be helpful

I would first try a newer kernel (well, you need to switch to
udev, if you haven't already(?)).

Greets,
--
Clemens Koller